Being that I literally just had a birthday, you would think I would be on top of these things but the hubs and I had a convo a while ago that got me thinking..
Me: "Hey, did you know so-and-so is turning 30 this year?! I always thought she was closer to my age, like 25 or 26."
Him: "So, she's only got 3 years on you."
Me: “Um, no. I'm only 25.”
Him: “Ha, no! You are about to turn 27.”
Me: quickly doing the math in my head.. "Shit."
See what I’m saying, totally on top of things over here. Funny how I didn't feel old on my actual birthday this year (obviously since I was celebrating the wrong year), but all of the sudden I feel like I'm wasting time. Thirty is by far my “scary age” (no offense of course to anyone who is thirty or over, this is just me being nuts) so when I realized how close it really is, I got to thinking about goals, some big, some small, some vague, some specific, and since I am a gal who loves a list I had to jump on the Thirty before 30 train. So, without further ado, my list...
1. Plant an herb garden.
2. Throw a surprise party.
3. Go to a wine tasting.
4. Spend an entire week at the beach.
5. Start my own business.
6. Try five new recipes that really scare me.
7. Have a baby.
8. Take a calligraphy class.
9. Finish painting the interior of the house.
10. Watch all the movies on AFI's Top 100 Movies list.
11. Get back down to my wedding weight.
12. Sing karaoke. Sober.
13. Complete the 365 photo project.
14. Make a quilt.
15. Host a brunch.
16. Buy a dSLR (and learn how to use it).
17. Read 30 books.
18. Host Thanksgiving dinner.
19. Refinish a piece of furniture.
20. Adopt another fur baby.
21. Make a wedding scrapbook.
22. Pay off our credit card.
23. Participate in NaBloPoMo.
24. Make a big change with my hair.
25. Take a girls trip.
26. Go on a real road trip.
27. Sew an article of clothing.
28. Set up a workspace of my very own.
29. Go camping (in a tent).
30. Go to the top of the Empire State building.
Follow my progress through this little list by either going to the link on the right side of the page or just click here. Do you have a similar list? Please share!
(ps. This post has been a work in progress for quite a few months and has been sitting in “drafts” being changed at least a hundred times before now. I have been working on quite a few of the items already, so updates may be coming soon!)
Candle image is from here, edited by me.