1. This has been by far the craziest few weeks since Aiden was born. I have had a feeling things were “off” with him for a while, as my usually happy boy was getting fussier more often and for longer periods of time. A lot of small things weren’t adding up, and even though our pediatrician was insisting nothing was wrong and that all of his ailments were typical baby things he would grow out of, my mommy alarm was going off. We made the decision to switch to an entirely new pediatric practice and had our first appointment on Wednesday. Two days later and I can confidently say it was the best decision we could have made. The new doctor we saw was wonderful, and immediately diagnosed Aiden with both severe reflux and a dairy allergy. New (super expensive!) formula and a prescription for Zantac have done wonders already! I’m dealing with and processing the guilt for not figuring this out sooner, especially now knowing the obvious symptoms that he was having that I never realized. Mama guilt is no joke, but I’m trying to focus on being grateful that our guy is feeling better than ever!
2. In addition to all of the baby craziness this week I also decided to take on two big mother’s day projects! Both of which I thought would be easy and quick and instead turned out to be super time consuming. Cranky baby, plus two overwhelming projects means I didn’t get much sleep this week. I hope to share both completed projects with you next week, you know if I actually pull off getting them completed.
3. I started Weight Watchers again. Something has to happen about this baby weight I’m still dragging around. Ok, let’s be serious, some of it is PRE-baby weight, but still it has got to go. I haven’t decided if this is something I am going to openly blog about, but if anyone is interested..?
4. House projects have pretty much come to a screeching halt around here. I’m obviously still planning them, but with other crazy projects (see #2) and all extra funds that are normally designated to fun projects and decorating now going to the previously mentioned SUPER expensive allergy formula, things are on hold. Hopefully our insurance will cooperate sooner than later (ha!) and start picking up the costs of that stuff so we can start getting back to the fun stuff!
5. Fifty Shades of Grey; worth the hype? My Kindle is empty but I am wondering if this book is worth it or just been talked up. Thoughts?
So, how was your week?